We’re going to talk about how you can save money on plumbing.
There are a few things you should know before we get started. For instance, the cost of a plumber is one of your most important considerations when it comes to saving money. This is because by hiring a professional, they will be more likely to notice small problems and fix them right away which prevents larger problems from happening down the line (saving you time and money).
No Commissions at Hedlund
At Hedlund plumbing, our plumbing experts are NOT paid on commission. This means you will be charged the same rate as everyone else based on your plumbing issues. Sometimes in this industry contracting professionals will consider the zip code you live in, the type of house you own, and the cost of the cars in the driveway before give you a quote. They may also upsell you on things you don’t need because they are working on commission.
We don’t run into those problems here. In fact, we can often give you a quote over the phone based on your plumbing problem so you can know what to expect. This will save money on plumbing costs.
Common Issues Where You Can Save Money on Plumbing
You might think that your plumbing is just something you have to deal with, but it doesn’t have to be. We’ve compiled a list of common plumbing problems and how to save money on them so you can spend less time worrying about your bills and more time enjoying life. Take a look and let us know if there’s anything else we should add to this list!
- Turn Taps off all the way. A dripping faucet can drip at a rate of up to 15 gallons a day. If a faucet continues to leak despite being fully closed, repair or replace it.
- Leaks. Check for leaks under sinks and toilets. These are easy fixes if you catch them early enough before they cause more damage!
- High-efficiency fixtures. Installing things like low-flow showerheads or faucet aerators. This will also save money on your water bill.
- Outdoor Faucets. Be sure to turn off any outdoor faucets when the weather starts getting colder. Bring in your hoses to prevent them from freezing.
- Prevent Buildups in Drains. To keep your drains in good working condition and prevent buildups, pour a cup of baking soda and a cup of vinegar into them at least once a month.
- Check Your Toilets. Drop food coloring into the water tank. If you see the coloring seep into the bowl within 15 minutes, it means your toilet is leaky. Call in a plumber to repair the leak as soon as possible so you can prevent water waste.
Interesting fact: Up to 10% of your water bill could be wasted water because of leaks. And when you are in the middle of a drought, that’s not good news at all!
Plumbing issues don’t have to be costly, and with these helpful hints, you can avoid paying too much for a plumber. We hope that this blog post has been helpful to you! Please feel free to comment below if there’s anything else you want to know about plumbing or if you have any questions at all! Please consider Hedlund Plumbing for your next plumbing contractor project.
About Hedlund Plumbing
The solution to all your plumbing repair, installation, and maintenance needs. Our local Lansing plumbers are fully licensed and insured professionals. We arrive on time in a marked van ready to go with the tools and materials to complete the job. Our commitment to our customers is why we are considered by many to be the top Lansing plumber.